QUO VADIS?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
QUO VADIS?

A FORUM FOR ALL THINGS CHRISTIAN AND PROPHETIC

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Napoleon Bonaparte as he spoke of Jesus Christ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QUO VADIS?

Napoleon Bonaparte as he spoke of Jesus Christ Empty
PostSubject: Napoleon Bonaparte as he spoke of Jesus Christ   Napoleon Bonaparte as he spoke of Jesus Christ Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:18 pm

"I know men; and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison! Superficial minds see a resemblance between Christ and the founders of empires, and the gods of other religions. That resemblance does not exist..... Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me. He is truly a being by Himself. His ideas and sentiments, the truth which He announces, His manner of convincing, are not explained either by human organization or by the nature of things...... The nearer I approach, the more carefully I examine, everything is above me - everything remains grand, of a grandeur which overpowers....One can absolutely find nowhere, but in Him alone, the imitation or the example of His life .... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ. Neither history nor humanity, nor the ages, nor nature, offer me anything with which I am able to compare it or explain it. Here everything is extraordinary." Napoleon Bonaparte

Cited in "Evidence That Demands a vVrdict:Historical Evidences for the Christian Faith(San Bernadino, CA: Here's Life Publishers, 1977), 127.
Back to top Go down

Napoleon Bonaparte as he spoke of Jesus Christ
Page 1 of 1