QUO VADIS?

A FORUM FOR ALL THINGS CHRISTIAN AND PROPHETIC

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

God said He would utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
QUO VADIS?

PostSubject: God said He would utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek   Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Saw this today...."The Bible itself disproves this statement by mentioning Amalek to this day."

The Lord God told Moses in Exodus 17:14 to write these things down so the truth would be seen.....that God does as He says He will do. The phrase "I will utterly put out of the rememberance of Amalek from under heaven" means they would be blotted out as a nation on the earth. There are no Amalakites today. They don't exist.

Quote :
Exo 17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kim

PostSubject: Re: God said He would utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek   Sat May 01, 2010 9:27 am

Fate of Amalek.

David waged a sacred war of extermination against the Amalekites, who retaliated (I Sam. xxx. 1) by a successful surprise of Ziklag. David, however, followed and caught the Amalekites on the retreat, regaining their captives and spoils. On this occasion the Amalekites, like all desert warriors, made their raids upon camels. After this defeat Amalek disappears, so that it seems as though the nation had actually been exterminated by the wars with Saul and David. I Chron. iv. 42-43 states that in the time of Hezekiah five hundred Simeonites annihilated the last remnant "of the Amalekites that had escaped" on Mount Seir and settled there in the place of Amalek. Thus the related tribes Amalek and Edom were united again at the end.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They were real enemies to Israel and God wiped them out as He promised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

God said He would utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1