QUO VADIS?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
QUO VADIS?

A FORUM FOR ALL THINGS CHRISTIAN AND PROPHETIC

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Macho.....?

Go down 
+2
HeavenBound
QUO VADIS?
6 posters
AuthorMessage
QUO VADIS?

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:43 pm

I posted in the forum A GOOD WORD, today's daily email devotional from THE RANSOMED HEART ministry of John and Stacey Eldredge ... and this part really caught my attention....

“Men are taught over and over when they are boys that a wound that hurts is shameful,” notes Robert Bly in Iron John. Like a man who’s broken his leg in a marathon, he finishes the race even if he has to crawl and he doesn’t say a word about it. A man’s not supposed to get hurt; he’s certainly not supposed to let it really matter. We’ve seen too many movies where the good guy takes an arrow, just breaks it off, and keeps on fighting; or maybe he gets shot but is still able to leap across a canyon and get the bad guys. And so most men minimize their wound. King David (a guy who’s hardly a pushover) didn’t act like that at all. “I am poor and needy,” he confessed openly, “and my heart is wounded within me” (Ps. 109:22).

It is from John's book WILD AT HEART.

I have 2 son's and have watched their brave faces turned toward a world that does not accomodate all that is in the heart of a growing boy. There are issues that men face today that only God's love and truth can minister to... deep woundings that many ... probably most... do not feel free to admit to in a world geared to bruise and scorn. For this very reason I do not expect this thread to take off like THE WOMAN QUESTION...... I could be wrong!.....but it deserves a place here. God had a very specific design when He created man and it would be good to find His heart on this subject. We are so bombarded with a false image.

Who is man? He is not the heartless macho image of the movie screen today. So opposite to Jesus Christ in every way.
Back to top Go down
HeavenBound

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:19 pm

A true reflection of what is expected. Gender patterning is hard to change. It has ramifications throughout society.

THE RANSOMED HEART is a good ministry.
Back to top Go down
Kim

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:55 pm

A lot of men get understanding from women.
Back to top Go down
BIGBOY

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:11 pm

sissy stuff
Back to top Go down
Newborn

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:33 pm

I see BIGBOY he new to say hi. Speak bad. Not sissy man cry. but hi be welcome
Back to top Go down
Kim

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Welcome BigBoy. Real men don't cry?
Back to top Go down
Allegra

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Real men do cry. Shortest verse in the Bible: Jesus wept.

Why sissy stuff?
Back to top Go down
HeavenBound

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:50 pm

BIGBOY wrote:
sissy stuff
Pal, an interesting first post. Don't you think you are proving the point?

I write on the assumption that you can handle as frank a response as your own.
Back to top Go down
BIGBOY

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:49 pm

can handle frank

Jesus wept not talked about it. sissy because for girls
Back to top Go down
Kim

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Girls aren't worth much to you BigBoy.........?

Tolerated or just irritating?

You think only girls should talk?
Back to top Go down
BIGBOY

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:02 pm

I think girls talk too much Very Happy a good woman is quiet woman
Back to top Go down
HeavenBound

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Interesting that the Woman Question will surface in "Who is Man?"

Dr Myles Munroe certainly understands the problems faced by women. I am just beginning to.
Back to top Go down
BIGBOY

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:08 pm

what u on about mate?
Back to top Go down
Newborn

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:19 pm

He say you chauvinit. Me I say you ignorant. No understand so abuse. Read it one THE WOMAN QUESTION
Back to top Go down
HeavenBound

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Newborn about wrapped it up. Good advice she gave, Pal.
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:16 pm

BIGBOY welcome. Your frankness is welcome too. Dishonouring one or other gender to stir is not. Be nice.
Back to top Go down
BIGBOY

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:29 pm

hey mod. what's not nice. bible says a woman is to be quiet. women are always agro about this but is the bible. take it up with the Man upstairs
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:39 pm

A word to all women on this forum. We are all ignorant to some degree and it is of no value to let ignorance in a brother... or sister for that matter ...... upset us. Definition comes from God and no one else.

Honesty is also to be valued. Hypocrisy is unhelpful. BIGBOY is being true to himself I believe.

BIGBOY I understand that you speak as you see it. There is a thread about The Woman Question. It might be helpful all round if you take time to read it. I hope you are open to this direction.
Back to top Go down
Newborn

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Yes not being upset. Ignorant makes abuse.
Back to top Go down
Kim

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Disappeared. I don't think he was open to your direction QV Very Happy Your right. Honesty is valuable too. Both ways. Arrow Moves us forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Macho.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macho.....?   Macho.....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Macho.....?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QUO VADIS? :: QUESTIONS OF THE HEART :: Who is Man?-
Jump to: