QUO VADIS?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
QUO VADIS?

A FORUM FOR ALL THINGS CHRISTIAN AND PROPHETIC

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.... some standing here shall not taste death

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
QUO VADIS?

.... some standing here shall not taste death Empty
PostSubject: .... some standing here shall not taste death   .... some standing here shall not taste death Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Matthew 16: 28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

There are some saying that Jesus lied. They did taste death before He came back to establish His kingdom. But they are not understanding what He was saying.

His Kingdom came with Pentecost. Jesus rose from the dead and while He spent time with them, before ascending into heaven, He told His disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit to come .... and that He would come after He Himself had ascended into heaven ... He explained that it was necessary for Him to go so that He could send the Great Comforter... the Holy Spirit.... and when the Holy Spirit came at Pentecost He gave them the power to turn the then-known-world upside down with the teachings of Jesus. Remember what Jesus said about His Kingdom. It was very different to what the disciples understood. They all thought He was going to conquer the Roman empire for them and break the yoke of bondage Rome had over Israel ... that is what they thought Messiah was all about.... but He kept telling them that His Kingdom was not of this world... He had a far larger mission... to redeem a lost world .... and His Kingdom-not-of-this-world came down with fire the day the Holy Spirit baptised the disciples on the day of Pentecost... then a lot of really frightened men hiding in the upper room became very bold .... and began to preach the Kingdom of God with miraculous signs and wonders following. All those who call on His Name are of this Kingdom... a Kingdom that is not of this world..... just as Jesus said. Is He here? Yes. He is the Head of His Bride the Church. So it all started at Pentecost ….. The term “Church” in Greek is used for the first time in Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The word simply means an assembly or congregation, the nature of which is to be understood from connecting circumstances. (Greek, "ecclesia" ("ek", means "out of", "kaleo" means "to call"), an assembly of called out ones). Called out from the world.... because His Kingdom is not of this world

It was upon Peter proclaiming Him as the Christ that Jesus said he would build His Church. Believe He is the Christ and you will become a member of His called out ones …. His Church ….. the start of His Kingdom on the earth. [Remember: Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven…. In the Lord’s prayer]
Mat 16:16-19 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Remember how John the Baptist kept preaching that the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand….
Mat 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea,
Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

We are told to seek first the kingdom of God. and all that we need will be added to us This Kingdom that is not of this world…. we are to put the seeking of it first before anything else…. We must seek it here on this earth where we need our earthly needs met. It is here on earth to seek.
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Back to top Go down
Allegra

.... some standing here shall not taste death Empty
PostSubject: Re: .... some standing here shall not taste death   .... some standing here shall not taste death Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Too cool. I see it. His Kingdom came with Pentecost.
Back to top Go down

.... some standing here shall not taste death
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QUO VADIS? :: APOLOGETICS :: Does this make sense?-
Jump to: