QUO VADIS?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
QUO VADIS?

A FORUM FOR ALL THINGS CHRISTIAN AND PROPHETIC

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QUO VADIS?

Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Empty
PostSubject: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:13 am

I have been reading a very interesting book by Dr Myles Munroe on this very subject and thought to introduce it into discussion.

He begins his introduction with these statements....

Quote :
It is extremely difficult to be a woman in the twenty-first century. Women around the world are facing the dilemma of identity. Many women are struggling to discover who they are and where they stand today - in the family, in the community, and the world. At the same time, that women's personal expectations and roles are changing in some nations. many men around the world still have their own opinions about the place of women and want to impose certain standards of behaviour on them. Other men are uncertain about the woman's role and function, and therefore they offer little support to women who are struggling with questions of identity. Additionally, many societies are still very much in a place of transition regarding the status of women. Because of this shift in postion and roles many women are finding themselves in either an uneasy cooperation or an uncomfortable conflict with men.
Taken from the book: UNDERSTANDING THE PURPOSE AND POWER OF WOMAN by Dr Myles Munroe. Published by Whitaker House ISBN 0-88368-671-6
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:03 am

I must get this book. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
HeavenBound

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Dr Myles Munroe is an excellent teacher.
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:20 pm

This is a book well worth getting and keeping for any woman who is being subjected to unhealthy parameters in terms of who she is and how she should function.

He details further in the introduction the specific struggles women are facing. Her very nature and design and what is expected of her has brought about this conflict. He also discusses the cultural aspects involved in these challenges too. This varies between difficult to impossible, depending on the society she is raised in.

In the Westerm world she is often accepted as a competitor in the work-place but still expected to fulfill all traditional roles of womanhood with excellence. She also faces gender discrimnation in terms of financial remuneration although executing an equitable work standard to her male counterparts. With divorce she is often left to provide for her children alone or with inadequate financial support. He may move on and create another family with another woman, and his first children are neglected.

He says….
Quote :
The breadth and depth of the issues that women face worldwide is overwhleming. Yet current books and other literature about male-female relationships and women’s rights are not addressing the underlying cause that is fueling the crisis women are dealing with today. My concern is that the longer this cause is overlooked, the longer the plight of women will continue………

…………. What then is the root cause of the problem?
Back to top Go down
Allegra

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Too cool! You gotta love this! Never heard a man speak like this before.
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:40 pm

I cannot say it any better than Dr Myles and so want to quote him again…..

Quote :
The basic problem can be summarised in this way: There are fundamental truths about the inherent makeup of women and men that have been lost to the cultures and traditions of the world as well as the hearts and minds of individual men and women. They have been replaced with distorted views of women and of male-female relationships, and these distortions have been promoted through culture and tradition. Because of these lost truths, women and men alike do not understand a woman’s nature, potential, role, and unique contribution to the world. The result is that women are misunderstood, held back from fulfilling their potential, and abused. The hurt,loss, trauma, and physical peril this has placed on women is tragic. There has been a terrible waste of life and potential over hundreds and thousands of years; this waste has been catastrophic not only for women, but also for men and human society as a whole.

Women and men alike must come to know the woman’s true nature and purpose if we are to address the plight that has affected women throughout history and still affects them in the twenty-first century. Women, as well as men, must gain new perspectives of themselves, since women have largely developed their self-concepts from cultural traditions shaped by men who did not understand females.

One of the main points I want to emphasize in this book is that, if you don’t know how something is meant to function, you will misuse or abuse it…………….. The woman has been misunderstood, misinterpreted, and manipulated for thousands of years. As a result she has been and is being abused in societies throughout the world.

……….. People lack a basic understanding of the woman’s nature, and wherever this lack of understanding exists, there will always be the misuse and abuse of the woman. Therefore, we not only need to affirm the worth of women, but we also need to lay new groundwork for understanding who a woman is and how she should be viewed and treated. Repeated resolutions from the United Nations or the efforts of concerned groups – notwithstanding their good intent – cannot ultimately change the hearts of men.
Underline added by me.......

These are merely quick quotes. The book is very comprehensive on this subject. I have never found anything like it to date.
Back to top Go down
HeavenBound

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:12 pm

As I said elsewhere QV, I didn't think you would change the general mindset on this subject. Dr Munroe seems set to do so. All good so far.
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:44 pm

A wise man. He has the courage to tackle something this challenging and guide us through this pathway of discovery in such a way that takes into account the bruising – at best – or extreme trauma – at worst – that has been effected against womenhood in general. A real leader. He is known for his teachings on leadership and shows himself the master. Many could learn from him. Many understand leadership as domination. You dare not question them.

Quote :
Much of the discussion of women’s rights centres on what a woman is capable of doing and what she should be allowed to do. I would like to suggest, however, that these questions,, while important, are actually secondary questions. The fundamental question from which all other questions can be addressed is not so much what a woman does as who she is, and the implications of who she is. When we come to know who a woman is, then the roles she takes on in life – whether she is a homemaker, a business woman, or a prime minister – will be seen in an entirely new light, and the conflicts between women and men over the status of women can begin to be resolved.

A final note of caution: The temptaion for women who are being devalued by men in a specific instance or through societal discrimination is to want to dismiss men altogether or treat them in an adverserial way. Yet to do this would be to disregard the inherent makeup of women and men and how they are meant to function together. The end result of such an approach would be damaging to a woman’s potential and advancement, and real progress would not be accomplished.
Underline added by me.

I take his note of caution to heart.
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Me too.... but this is someone I can receive from. He knows what he is talking about. Please post more QV.
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Sure Kim.
Quote :
For thousands of years, in nearly every culture and tradition in the world, women have been devalued and therefore mistreated in some way. What accounts for this outlook? Why is this problem so universal? The fact that the devaluing of women is so widespread across the globe points to a cause that goes much deeper than mere culture or tradition
He builds his case well. All he describes is easy to see for those with a heart of integrity.

Quote :
What then is the cause of this age old dilemma? It is that we have lost what it means to be human. We have lost what it means to be male and female………….

Women as well as men need to understand the inherent nature of the woman, because most women have developed their identity from men, and they do not see themselves as God does.
Women have essentially become the products of the societies and traditions into which they were born and bred. As a woman you might not like who you are, yet your self-concept came from the environment in which you were raised.
Underline by me.

It is this squeezing into a mould by men that has caused so much conflict withn the heart of so many women. For a male to assign us our purpose and calling apart from what God has designed us for, is usually the reason for so much quenching and unfulfilled purpose. Sad that it has to be fought for in the Church. This purpose is not that which has been defined by aggressive feminism, however. That is counter-productive. It actually shows a lack of understanding about the design and purpose of women too.

I have obviously only been able to pick out quotes to give an idea of what Dr Munroe covers in the book. The book is well worth getting for the full discourse. It is excellent; written with a tender heart and a keen intellect. But no surprise; I have always found him to be a reliable mentor.
Back to top Go down
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:41 pm

This too good read. Please like Kim for more.
Back to top Go down
Allegra

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Hey NB! No see.

I want more too, please QV. Right on. This dude rocks!
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Glad it helps. Nice to see you back Newborn. We are in agreement Allegra! flower

Quote :
Men and women were created equal. Men and women are equal. That is not for a senate, or a congress, or a cabinet or a parliament to decide. God already made this decision in creation. …….. Don’t ever give anybody the right to say what kind of human value you have….
Back to top Go down
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:11 pm

I wait more QV
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:09 pm

My apologies Newborn flower Here is another quote from his book that caught my attention........

Quote :
We assume that a man needs what a woman needs and a woman needs what a man needs. In many ways, this is not the case. The differences are so great they will astound you………. There are certainly similarities between males and females, but each also has a unique design and unique needs. We must come to understand the purpose of all the elements related to the function and design of men and women. Otherwise we will be continually frustrated in our relationships.

Moreover, because the nations of the world have tended to be governed by men, most societies have been set up to address the needs of the male before the needs of the female. To address the plight of the female and the conflict between men and women, we must learn, understand, and appreciate the woman’s unique design. It is important for all people to understand the nature of the female as she was created in God’s image and as she relates to the man.

This knowledge is not just for those who are in a marriage relationship. Whether you are married or single, male or female, young or old, you have interactions with women in the family, the workplace, the Church, the government, and almost every other arena of life. If you don’t understand how a woman is designed, you will not be able to deal honestly and effectively with her in these realms of life.

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:30 pm

I think so good. I think thanks.

the needs of the male before the needs of the female - it say it. It true.
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:05 pm

QUO VADIS? wrote:
My apologies Newborn flower Here is another quote from his book that caught my attention........

Quote :
We assume that a man needs what a woman needs and a woman needs what a man needs. In many ways, this is not the case. The differences are so great they will astound you………. There are certainly similarities between males and females, but each also has a unique design and unique needs. We must come to understand the purpose of all the elements related to the function and design of men and women. Otherwise we will be continually frustrated in our relationships.

Moreover, because the nations of the world have tended to be governed by men, most societies have been set up to address the needs of the male before the needs of the female. To address the plight of the female and the conflict between men and women, we must learn, understand, and appreciate the woman’s unique design. It is important for all people to understand the nature of the female as she was created in God’s image and as she relates to the man.

This knowledge is not just for those who are in a marriage relationship. Whether you are married or single, male or female, young or old, you have interactions with women in the family, the workplace, the Church, the government, and almost every other arena of life. If you don’t understand how a woman is designed, you will not be able to deal honestly and effectively with her in these realms of life.

Let me know what you think.
We are continually frustrated. No kidding.

He said it: If you don’t understand how a woman is designed, you will not be able to deal honestly and effectively with her in these realms of life
Back to top Go down
QUO VADIS?

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:13 pm

More from Dr Myles Munroe.......
Quote :
Nobody knows how something is supposed to function better than its maker. Can I suggest to you that the best way for us to make progress in the relationship between men and women is to go back to the beginning – to see what was in the mind and heart of the Creator when He made humanity?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question   Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Myles Munroe discusses the Woman Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QUO VADIS? :: QUESTIONS OF THE HEART :: The Woman Question-
Jump to: