QUO VADIS?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
QUO VADIS?

A FORUM FOR ALL THINGS CHRISTIAN AND PROPHETIC

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QUO VADIS?

How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God? Empty
PostSubject: How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God?   How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:07 am

Joh 7:16 -17 Jesus answered them by saying, My teaching is not My own, but His Who sent Me. If any man desires to do His will (God's pleasure), he will know (have the needed illumination to recognize, and can tell for himself) whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking from Myself and of My own accord and on My own authority.

By being willing to please God, illumination comes in terms of what is and isn't from God. Putting aside our own moral choices to take on His moral standards is what pleases God; not being a god unto ourselves with all the folly that leads us into. We are then as disobedient children that pay the price for foolishness.

When we are unwilling to honestly seek to please God we are blind to the truth; no matter Who tells us. The choice is ours: Live for ourselves or live for God. When we live to obey God, the truth opens up to us, and we recognise those Whom He has sent.

I have noticed that the moral code of the message of Christ is what keeps many repudiating His message of love and forgivenesss. The cost of obedience to God's moral standard is thought too high a price to pay. Easier to say there is no God and therefore no moral code.

Sad thing is... the true cost of each one living according to his own standard .... is chaos.

Look at our world today:
If it feels OK... do it! Who is going to get hurt by it?
My right to my body gives me the right to terminate your right to live if you happen to be growing at an inconvenient time in my body.
The clamour today is: My rights are paramount and you better believe it! That they clash with your rights is of no import.

No. One standard for all will remove chaos. That is the truth.
Back to top Go down
Allegra

PostSubject: Re: How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God?   How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Too cool!

Be willing. Hear God. Obey.

Power!! For a new direction!

Motivations of the heart. Core. Why do we do what we do? Who are we listening to? That will tell us where we are going.

I don't want today's mess in me - in my life - so I choose to follow something different to what the mainstream are following today - that moral code - the words of Jesus Christ. Full of life! Power to overcome! He came from God!!!! He is my hero! I want to be like Him.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God?   How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:53 am

This world is a mess. And the more we ignore God the worse it gets. We can't rule ourselves fairly when we ignore God's truth, which is His standard. We need one standard that is right and just, not everyone doing what they think best in different situations. That is what is happening and why we have such a mess.
Back to top Go down
HeavenBound

PostSubject: Re: How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God?   How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Basically saying we are accountable if we don't hear God. If we want to obey Him then we will hear Him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God?   How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to know if Jesus' teaching is from God?
Page 1 of 1